1. Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. Content freshness such as a blog adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
2. Be sure the links to your site and within your site use your keyword phrases. In other words, if your target is “fat bassets” then link to “fat bassets” instead of a “Click here” link.
3. Focus on search phrases, not single keywords, and put your location in your text (“our Boise store” not “our store”) to help you get found in local searches.
4. Don’t design your website without considering search engine optimization (SEO). Make sure your web designer understands your expectations for organic SEO. Doing a retrofit on your shiny new Flash-based site after it is built won’t cut it. Spiders can crawl text, not Flash or images.
5. Use keywords and keyword phrases appropriately in text links, image ALT attributes and even in your domain name.
Please give me a call today at 208.598.0084 or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information to discuss how I can help you or your company with its search engine optimization, online marketing, or copywriting needs.